Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Now let me take a minute to introduce ourselves...

I figured that we better do introductions...



Jason and I met at Oakland University when I started working at the pool, lifeguarding.  We became friends and eventually began dating in 2002.  One might say we made it "official" with a kiss on the ferris wheel on Navy Pier in Chicago over a Memorial Weekend trip!  :)

Close to 3 years of dating and a "tease" trip to Colorado later, Jason and I went on a trip to Chicago in February, 2005.  After another tease with a fancy dinner the night before, Jason surprised me by proposing on his birthday at the top of the ferris wheel on Navy Pier!  A horse-drawn carriage took us back to the hotel and we couldn't be happier, or so we thought...  :)


August 12, 2006 became a day we'll never forget.  God blessed us with so many wonderful family and friends (and BEAUTIFUL weather) to celebrate the beginning of our marriage.  We now knew a greater happiness also knowing the best was yet to come!!!





We honeymooned in Maui and it was a trip like no other.  We hope to return for an anniversary, maybe 10 years?  :)

With me teaching in Flat Rock, MI and Jason working at Valassis in Livonia, we found a house in Livonia that we've made a home.

We have spent our first years of marriage camping, traveling, and enjoying our season tickets to Michigan State football games (since Oakland doesn't have a football team).  Of course, we enjoy spending time with both sides of our families as well!  :)

1 year anniversary at Lake Charlevoix One of our many tailgates at MSU!

We are both dog-lovers and before I met Jason, I never knew of the Bernese Mountain breed of dog.  I am now officially in LOVE with this breed as I have not met one who isn't friendly, patient with kids, calm, and LOVES so unconditionally.  Since being married, Jason and I have been loved by 2 dogs.  We started our marriage with Bailey, who we sadly let go of on June 12, 2010.  We now have our Callie-girl who is still in puppy-mode, but is growing more mature...well, Jason might not agree 100% of the time!  :)
 You're never forgotten, Bailey!!!!
7 years old

Callie-girl!
17 months old

You will be introduced to someone VERY special in the next post!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment